4MB DRAM is enough for linux kernel 2.2.13

Jari jari.nguyen at serialsystem.com.sg
Wed Sep 20 13:28:05 EST 2000

Hello,
I'm a newbie. Help me!!!!!
Can anybody tell me the minimum size of the linux kernel 2.2.13  that we can
reduce?
(this kernel doesn't need console, anything else ... just boot and run my own
program)
If I want to support only ftp, what is the minimum size of ramdisk ?
I think if I reduce the code of the kernel and the library libc6, 4MB is OK.
Is that right?
best regards,
Jari

ps: Hi Dan "grandfather of all of these", you wrote:

>         I like MMUs because I don't have a real life.

How old are you in this life?
I've just had my full-month celebration.  ;-))) just relax....