4xx tlb questions

Mike Wolf mwolf at sgi.com
Fri Mar 31 07:59:49 EST 2000

Hi,
  I'm new to kernel development and have a question
on the 4xx.  Part of the tlb address is 8 bits from the
PID register.  I cannot find the code that sets the PID
register for user code.  I find code that sets the PID reg
to 0, and I find code that saves the current value of PID reg
and then setting it to 0 to do some work and then sets
it back.  I was expecting to see something in sched.c that
set the PID to some value from the task_struct on a context
switch.

Its not at all obvious to me how the PID is getting set.  The
only other option I'm aware of is to invalidate the TLB on
a context change, but I didnt see that either and the tlb
handlers imply something else because they save the current
value of the PID register.  If it was always 0 it wouldnt
need that
--
Mike Wolf
Cray Research