BDM problem

Cal Erickson cal_erickson at mvista.com
Tue Aug 29 01:51:56 EST 2000

Hoang,
Did you make sure to move the re-built kernel to where
the downloader expects it? This is a common error
everyone makes at least once. They rebuild the kernel
but forget to move it. Then when they download they
are still downloading the old version and not the new
one.

As for the breakpoint still being set after running. Take
a look at the address where the breakpoint is set. Look
at the system map file . Then you can determine which
code it is  in and turn it off. Why it is doing this is not
easy to determine. There have been problems when
using BDM and the caches and mmu running. Not
being familiar with the HMI BDM solution, I cannot
be sure if this is what you are seeing.

Cal

Fax   (408) 328-9204         e-mail cal_erickson at mvista.com
Pager 877-566-2012           support 1-800-759-8888 pin 202-7489
web http://www.mvista.com    support e-mail: support at mvista.com
eCode: http://cal@work.com.ecode.com