usb chipset

Gary Swanson gswanson at aminocom.com
Fri Aug 25 03:33:11 EST 2000

Hello,

I hope this isn't an inappropriate newbie question, but here goes.

We have been developing solutions using a PowerPC823, which has on chip
USB support, but we are starting another development with the PowerPC
855, which I understand doesn't have on-chip USB support.

My question is; are there external USB chipsets that we can use that are
already supported by the 2.2.14 kernel (from the MontaVista CDK 1.2), or
does anyone have any recommendations for a chipset that would make the
USB support as straightforward as possible ?

Thank you,

Gary