Beginner / FADS

et at enterprise.net et at enterprise.net
Wed Oct 20 19:53:00 EST 1999

Hello, I've been given the task of evaulating various operating
systems for some new hardware, and the company has obtained
an MPC823FADS evaluation board.  Looking at the list archive, I
sort of wish they had asked first!..  But it seems as though other
people have managed to get the ppc kernel running on FADs.

What I'd really like, is to ask a big favour of someone and get a
snapshot of their /arch/ files or whole working kernel, as reference
and to prove that it can be done!

So far, we've managed to get version 2.2.5 set up, compiled and
downloaded, but I think it's missing a serial driver, (crashes trying
to print to the terminal), and we don't really know where to go from
here - hence the plea for help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Regards,
Evan.