udgb on fsl booke?

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Mon May 16 11:40:19 AEST 2016

On Fri, 2016-05-13 at 17:41 -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that udbg is missing for fsl booke , or at least it doesn't
> appear to be implemented. I don't know a great deal about fsl book. I'm
> working on an MCP85XX at the moment , and I was looking into the udbg
> system to get prints. It looks like fsl booke might be similar enough to
> 44x to use the already implemented udbg routines for that.
>
> Does anyone have suggestion on this ? Is fsl booke missing because it's
> not possible to have this, or no one ever needed it ?

Yeah I noticed this recently too.

I don't know the history of why there isn't one, I suspect probably it just was
never merged upstream. Hopefully someone from Freescale can chime in.

On my machine (p5020ds) there is a real UART, so it should just be a matter of
creating a mapping for it and then using the existing udbg_16550 code.

cheers