questions: second of the 2 pcie controllers does not scan the bus.

Ruchika ruchika.k at servergy.com
Sat Dec 7 11:48:42 EST 2013

Hi,
I am working with an p4080 based board. I am trying to get 2 PCIE
controllers probed properly.

In uboot I have no problems scanning and discovering what is connected
to both controllers/PCI bridges.

For both PCIE1/2 uboot sets up the Primary, secondary and Subordinate
bus numbers to 0,1,1 respectively.

When linux boots up and probes the controllers, PCIE1 is probed and the
bridge scanned properly but PCIE2 is probed at the bridge but not
attempted a scan.
I see this message
"pci 0001:02:00.0: bridge configuration invalid ([bus 01-01]), reconfiguring
"

I updated uboot to set the secondary and subordinate numbers to 2 (left
the primary number to 0) and a subsequent kernel boot scanned the bus
for PCIE2 successfully.
I found these numbers to be very critical since the device tree blob
(bus-range) for pci is also based off these.

I'd like to get a good fix rather than the uboot hack and get better
understanding of the problem. If there are any pointers someone could
provide it would be awesome.

Thank you
Regards
Ruchika