PowerPC radeon KMS - is it possible?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Apr 18 20:37:19 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 20:35 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 09:46 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> writes:
> >
> > > Note also that KMS doesn't afaik have the power management code that
> > > radeonfb has for those old Mac chipsets, so suspend/resume won't work.
> >
> > How hard would it be to add it?
>
> The code itself is relatively self contained, but the KMS power
> management side is a bit ... messy :-) So the real deal is to figure out
> how best to "hook it up" there.
>
> There's some duplication

Argh... bloody x220 touchpad...

So I was saying, there's also some duplication in the area of dynamic
clocks configuration. Some of this could be an issue as afaik, to work
reliably, the suspend/resume code really wants the stuff to be setup
exactly the way the code in radeon_pm does....

But it's definitely worth trying to port it over.

Cheers,
Ben.