P4080 Device tree

dimitar divanov at nateurope.com
Wed Apr 4 00:13:03 EST 2012

Hello,

I hope I'm posting my question on the right place.
Please be gentle to me, since I'm newbie in Linux Kernel.

I'm porting Linux to a custom board based on P4080DS BSP. My problem is
that I cannot understand the configuration of th DPA in the device tree
including QMAN, BMAN and FMAN.

During my work i was faced firstly to a issue, that the "phy-handle" in
the Ethernet node of the FM0 could not be parsed correctly using the
function "of_parse_phandle()".
After replacing the "of_parse_phandle()" by "of_find_node_by_path" inc
mac.c of the DPA package, the Phy was correctly bind to the Ethernet node.

The second preblem I'm now facing to, is that during "ping" the CPUs
hang after an exchange of few packets over the network.

How exactly should be the BMAN, QMAN and FMAN configured in the device
tree?
I mean I'm using the similar device tree as the FSL P4080DS. The only
difference that the board uses MDIO bus, on which a PHY is connected.

Is there any documentation for the device tree?

In addition I have tested the network interfaces with another OS system
that is using the same NetCom library. Therefore the problem is not the
hardware.

Please help!

Regards
Dimitar