Help initialize phy-less ethernet in 2.6.38

Fabio pozzi.fabio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:04:48 EST 2012

> So it's old arch/ppc stuff.  Now fs_platform_info is driver-internal and
> info comes from the device tree.  You shouldn't touch the struct directly.
Now I moved all the initialization functions to the platform driver in
arch/powerpc/platform/82xx and the external ethernet on FCC2 still
works, so at least it seems that
the problem is related to the fixed-link initialization of FCC1.

>>> Looking at the code, though, I'm not sure if this stuff still works --
>>> e.g. I don't see where any fields of fixed-link but the ID are used, or
>>> what's supposed to happen when of_phy_connect_fixed_link() calls
>>> phy_connect().

The fixed-link fields are used inside arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c in
the function
of_add_fixed_phys.
I'm trying to understand what I am missing to configure or initialize
to get the same behaviour as in the old kernel but I failed to do so
until now.
If you have any suggestion it will be of great help for me.
Thanks in advance

--
Fabio Pozzi