FSL DMA engine transfer to PCI memory

David Laight David.Laight at ACULAB.COM
Wed Jan 26 03:34:49 EST 2011

controller.

> This sounds like your FPGA doesn't handle burst mode accesses
> correctly.
> A logic analyzer will help you prove it.

He is doing PCIe, not PCI.
A PCIe transfers is an HDLC packet pair, one containing the
request, the other the response.
In order to get any significant throughput the hdlc packet(s)
have to contain all the data (eg 128 bytes).
On the ppc we used that means you have to use the dma
controller inside the PCIe interface block.
The generic dma controller can't even generate 64bit
cycles into the ppc's PCIe engine.

	David