fastboot.

Kenneth Johansson kenneth at southpole.se
Fri May 29 21:13:19 EST 2009

http://www.cambridgewireless.co.uk/news/article/default.aspx?objid=36792

Anybody know what they mean by booting here.

I have started the ads5121 board using u-boot and kernel in NOR flash
and root file system on a compact flash card connected to the IDE
interface in 2.05 second until init is started from the rootfs.

This was fast enough for what was needed I did not try to optimize
further but since I already was in the domain where changes impacted
only a few milliseconds I have a hard time imagining going down to less
than a second.

So I guess the only way is to skip u-boot and run linux kernel directly
out of NOR. Anyone know what MontaVista is doing ??