Mounting a USB flash stick based root FS directly.

Cristian Axenie cristian.axenie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:14:14 EST 2009

Hello !
If you properly set the root fs on your USB flash you should try to
set it up using some uBoot bootargs :

e.g. :

setenv usbstick_args setenv bootargs root=/dev/sdXX ro
rootdelay=$HOW_MANY_SECONDS_TO_WAIT rootfstype=$YOUR_FS_TYPE
init=/sbin/init console=$consoledev,$baudrate;

setenv usbstick 'run usbstick_args;bootm fe500000 - fe700000'

setenv bootcmd run usbstick

Best !