any luck with wireless USB adaptors?

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Jan 27 16:01:09 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Mike Timmons <mike_timmons at trimble.com> wrote:
> I'm running 2.6.24 with Freescale's lite5200 as my base. I'm interested in
> this USB adaptor for wireless USB, but my web search does not make me
> confident that my effort will yield fruit.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a good source outlining success stories with
> wireless USB adaptors? At present I'm mesing with Linksys WUSB54GC and some
> driver source from Ralink, but my cross-compile is not working.

Umm, the WUSB54GC is not a "wireless USB" adapter.  It is a USB WiFi
adapter.  If you're looking for wireless USB then it is the wrong
device.

If you are looking for a suitable wifi adapter, then that device
should work, but if you can go with a PCI or a miniPCI WiFi adapter
instead then you should get better performance.  The 5200 only has USB
1.1.

I'm having good success with an Atheros miniPCI adapter at the moment
using a 2.6.28 kernel.

g.