Patch: FW:Xilinx: BSP: Updated ML405 to match hardware usedfortesting

Guillaume Dargaud dargaud at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Fri Mar 28 23:35:04 EST 2008

I should add that I've tried several things:
- compile the Xilinx kernel as indicated in my previous message.
- compile it with just the xparameters_ml*.h files added
- copy all the files from the BSP into the (Xilinx) kernel tree
- directly generate the BSP into the (Xilinx) kernel tree

For instance, the last one still gives me:
.config:117:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol WANT_EARLY_SERIAL
.config:122:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol BUBINGA
.config:123:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CPCI405
.config:124:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol EP405
.config:127:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol SYCAMORE
.config:129:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML300
.config:130:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_XUPV2P
.config:131:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML403
.config:132:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML405
.config:133:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML41x
.config:138:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_EMBED_CONFIG
.config:139:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol EMBEDDEDBOOT
.config:140:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol PPC4xx_DMA
.config:142:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol UART0_TTYS0
.config:143:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol UART0_TTYS1
.config:149:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol PC_KEYBOARD
.config:759:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol SERIAL_TEXT_DEBUG
.config:772:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_OCP
.config:773:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML40x

Two more things:

$ make ARCH=ppc ml405_defconfig
cp  .config
cp: missing destination file operand after `.config'
Try `cp --help' for more information.
make: *** [ml405_defconfig] Error 1

And on the page http://wiki.secretlab.ca/index.php/Linux_on_Xilinx_Virtex
which I've been studying closely, I also tried the Secret Lab repository:
$ git clone git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-virtex.git
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/guinevere/buildroot/linux-2.6-virtex/.git/
fetch-pack from 'git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-virtex.git' failed.
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/