Patch: FW:Xilinx: BSP: Updated ML405 to match hardwareusedfortesting

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Sat Mar 29 03:06:12 EST 2008

Guillaume Dargaud
> Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 5:35 AM
> To: linuxppc-dev at ozlabs.org
> Subject: Re: Patch: FW:Xilinx: BSP: Updated ML405 to match
hardwareusedfortesting

> I should add that I've tried several things:
> - compile the Xilinx kernel as indicated in my previous message.
> - compile it with just the xparameters_ml*.h files added

This should work.

> - copy all the files from the BSP into the (Xilinx) kernel tree
> - directly generate the BSP into the (Xilinx) kernel tree

Neither of these will work.

> For instance, the last one still gives me:
> .config:117:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol
WANT_EARLY_SERIAL
> .config:122:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol BUBINGA
> .config:123:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CPCI405
> .config:124:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol EP405
> .config:127:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol SYCAMORE
> .config:129:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML300
> .config:130:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_XUPV2P
> .config:131:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML403
> .config:132:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML405
> .config:133:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML41x
> .config:138:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol
XILINX_EMBED_CONFIG
> .config:139:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol EMBEDDEDBOOT
> .config:140:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol PPC4xx_DMA
> .config:142:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol UART0_TTYS0
> .config:143:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol UART0_TTYS1
> .config:149:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol PC_KEYBOARD
> .config:759:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol
SERIAL_TEXT_DEBUG
> .config:772:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_OCP
> .config:773:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol XILINX_ML40x

Did you check out the head of the tree?

> Two more things:
>
> $ make ARCH=ppc ml405_defconfig
> cp  .config
> cp: missing destination file operand after `.config'
> Try `cp --help' for more information.
> make: *** [ml405_defconfig] Error 1

I'd suggest starting over with a fresh tree.
1) Copy the xparameters file, overwriting the appropriate xparameters
file in the git tree.
2) make ARCH=ppc ml405_defconfig
3) make ARCH=ppc all

http://wiki.secretlab.ca/index.php/Linux_on_Xilinx_Virtex
> which I've been studying closely, I also tried the Secret Lab
repository:
> $ git clone git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-virtex.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in
> /home/guinevere/buildroot/linux-2.6-virtex/.git/
> fetch-pack from 'git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6-virtex.git'
failed.

I know Grant has been having problems with the secretlab git server
recently.

Steve