Making the Kernel

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Tue Jun 10 06:22:30 EST 2008

The kernel at git.xilinx.com has a rule to make zImage.virtex.  Note
that this elf file will almost certainly *not* fit in blockram, hence
you can't use it to 'make a bitstream'.  You can use it to generate a
SystemAce file, however.

If you are using a current mainline kernel, then you need to make a
simpleImage, which requires having a dts file that starts with the
'virtex-' prefix.

Steve

Holladay Poteet