Making the Kernel

Jacob Holladay Poteet txtbox at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 06:09:23 EST 2008

Good Afternoon,

I've gone through the process of configuring a kernel for my Xilinx
board design using the mhs->devtree, dts+'make menuconfig'
options->'make all' process and things seem to have succeeded. I was
under the expectation that I would find a file
arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.virtex, which is a type of .elf file that I can
use to make a bitstream, but I didn't find this said file in the output.
I found several zImage files (zImage,
zImage.pmac,.miboot,.chrp,.lds,.cofflds), but none of them had the
desired '.virtex' extension. Am I looking for something that doesn't
exist? If not, can someone help me generate the necessary file?

This is my first time through this process so I appreciate your advice.

Sincerely,
Jake Poteet