x86/non-x86: percpu, node ids, apic ids x86.git fixup

Luck, Tony tony.luck at intel.com
Thu Jan 31 11:57:37 EST 2008

> I'll start digging on why this doesn't boot ... but you might as well
> send the fixes so far upstream to Linus so that the SMP fix is available

Well a pure 2.6.24 version compiled with CONFIG_SMP=n booted just fine, so
the breakage is recent ... and more than likely related to this change.

I've only had a casual dig at the failing case ... kernel dies in memset()
as called from kmem_cache_alloc() with the address being written as
0x4000000000117b48 (which is off in the virtual address space range used
by users ... not a kernel address).

I'll dig some more tomorrow.

-Tony