External Interrupt

Marco Stornelli marco.stornelli at coritel.it
Thu Jan 31 00:31:12 EST 2008

Hi all,

I used the linux kernel 2.6.10 with a processor MPC8548E. I wrote a
driver for a device connected with the local bus. This device has an
external interrupt. In the local bus driver I have used the macro
MPC85xx_IRQ_EXT<X> to get the interrupt number and pass it to the driver
and after that register the ISR. Now with a kernel 2.6.21 this macro
isn't available because in the header file irq.h there is the option
CONFIG_PPC_MERGE that disable those options. I think this problem is
related to the migration of ppc code towards powerpc. I know that now
there is the new device tree source file but I think in this file I
should describe only the platform device, and this device is not a
platform device. Then, how can I get now this value? Is there some
function to call?

Thanks in advance.

Marco