[patch 00/11] ps3av/3fb patches for 2.6.25

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Mon Jan 28 07:01:25 EST 2008

On 01/27/2008 03:15 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:
>> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:44:40 +0100 (CET) Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com> wrote:
>> > I posted these patches before, about 2 months ago. Unfortunately I didn't CC
>> > you at that time, so they slipped under your radar.
>> > But the patches did receive public testing even before that, when they entered
>> > Geoff's ps3-linux.git tree.
>>
>> Should that git tree be in the -mm lineup?
>
> That may be a good idea! Geoff?

Sounds good.

ps3-linux.git is used by a lot of active PS3 developers, so
already gets some good testing on PS3, but I think if we get
the stable patches into -mm, then we will get more testing on
non-PS3 platforms, which is something I think we need.

As a start, I'll work toward getting patches from ps3-stable
into -mm.  I think it is too late now for the 2.6.25 patches,
so the 'for 2.6.26' ones.  To make this work, we (PS3
maintainers) need to get our patches moved from ps3-wip to
ps3-stable in a timely manner.  As of late, it seems patches
have lingered in ps3-wip too long.

-Geoff