Trying 10/HALF

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Wed Jan 23 07:55:31 EST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 13:35, Siva Prasad wrote:

> Hi,
>

> After booting, my MPC8641 based board keeps printing “Trying 10/
> HALF” for ever. I am unable to use the Ethernet, even though there
> are interrupts occuring. Based on /proc/interrupts, both tx and rx
> interrupt count is increasing, and zero count for enet_error
> interrupt.
>

> I think this is coming from drivers/net/phy/phy.c during
> autonegotiation. However, I am not sure how to take care of this.
> Appreciate some pointers.

Hm.  That's a bit strange.  What kind of PHY are you using?  The PHY
layer acts like that if auto-negotiation fails and it couldn't
establish a link using any other method.

Some things to double-check:

* Are your etsec interrupts correct in your dts.  Shouldn't be an
issue, but if you copied them from the wrong place, or used an out-of-
date dts, the numbers could be wrong

* Are your PHY interrupts correct in your dts.  If the PHY interrupts
are wrong, the PHY Lib might never discover that a link was established

Andy