Help with device tree binding for SMC serial

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Thu Jan 10 09:22:39 EST 2008

Ok we're now using
serial at 11a80 {
	device_type = "serial";
	compatible = "fsl,mpc8280-smc-uart",
				 "fsl,cpm2-smc-uart";
	reg = <11a80 10 0 40>;            // <base_address length
parameter_ram_address length>
	interrupts = <4 8>;                 // Interrupt from table 4.3
of mpc8280rm, interrupt is level or edge
	interrupt-parent = <&PIC>;
	fsl,cpm-brg = <7>;
	fsl,cpm-command = <1d000000>;       // Page and Sub-block code
of the CPCR
};

Right now we're trying to just get a kernel to give us some serial
output, so we can continue the porting job.
We're unsig a cuImage (using the pq2fads code right now).

Now our problem is that the serial port is spitting out 0x0a's as fast
as it can.
Seems to be repeadtin the linefeed at the end of "Uncompressing Kernel
Image ... OK"