add phy-handle property for fec_mpc52xx

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Thu Jan 10 02:34:15 EST 2008

I'd also say that the sound driver isn't ready for production use and it
misuses the BestComm task for generic bidirectional buffer copies by
forcing it to 32-bit transfers (this obviously involves some software
upsampling at some point as nearly all common sound data is 16-bit,
also twice the bandwidth to achieve). The Freescale docs for this task
(and the one provided by the firmware, no doubt, is identical in
operation) clearly state that the transfer size is configurable, so
saying it only accepts 32-bit sample data is simply inefficient and
lazy.

Someone needs to sit down and look at these, after a year of simple
stagnation since Sylvain lost the time to maintain them. I don't think
it is at all a good idea to think "oh it has been in the wild for a
year and nobody maintains it so we will mainline it now". That's a
ridiculous development philosophy. And, since nobody seems to give a
shit, it will stay as bad as it is right now (a quick hack) whether
in the wild or mainlined..

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations