RFC: MPC5200 PSC AC97 driver

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Sat Apr 19 04:11:53 EST 2008

Juergen Beisert wrote:
> On Friday 18 April 2008 17:43, Peter Czanik wrote:
> I'm not sure if "cell-index" is a correct property. I copied it from the uart
> driver, because this driver needs something to distinguish between PSC1 and
> PSC2. Maybe there is a better and correct oftree solution? Any oftree expert
> here?

cell-index is correct by legacy, but I think it has been said by that you could
just as well pick which PSC you are running on by it's address.

I would prefer the address approach, but everyone's going to keep cell-index
around anyway so why not leave it there and why not keep using it?

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations