EMAC OF binding....

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Jan 8 17:38:20 EST 2007

>  - compatible        : compatible list, contains 2 entries, first is
> "emac-CHIP" where
>                        CHIP is the host ASIC (440gx, 405gp, axon) and
> second is either
>                        "emac" or "emac4".
>                        For axon, thus, we have: "emac-axon","emac4"

"ibm,emac-axon" etc. please.

>  - local-mac-address : 6 bytes, MAC address

Don't forget "mac-address", if the device is opened
in OF; and "max-frame-size" please.

>  - cell-index        : 1 cell, hardware index of the EMAC cell on a
> given ASIC (typically
>                        0x00000000 and 0x00000001 for EMAC-0 and EMAC-1
> on each Axon chip)

Can you find a better name?  What is this used for, anyway?

>  - max-mtu           : 1 cell, maximum MTU supported in bytes

See "max-frame-size", MTU is on a higher level than device
level and as such shouldn't be here; the OF networking layer
can set something like this if it wants.

>  - mal-burst-size    : 1 cell, MAL burst size (used to calculate
> thresholds)

In bytes?

Segher