[Cbe-oss-dev] Time for cell code reshuffle?

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Mon Dec 24 01:06:20 EST 2007

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 12:47:42PM +0900, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> > > To the question, where what it should go, I'd leave the decision to
> > > Jeremy, but my current idea would be:
> > >
> > > arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs -> arch/powerpc/spufs
> >
> > I'd suggest arch/powerpc/sysdev/spufs to keep arch/powerpc clean.
> >
> > However, this may also depend on the (intended) structure of SPURSEngine
> > support, which may mean that fs/spufs might be a better place. It would
> > suck to have to move things twice, so maybe someone from Tosihba could
> > provide some input? Would the powerpc spufs code be suitable for
> > SPURSEngine?
>
> Strong NACK for fs/spufs/  fs code is the smallest part of the spu
> support, and all this nasty lowlevel code doesn't belong into fs/ at
> all.

drivers/spu/?

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619