[Cbe-oss-dev] Time for cell code reshuffle?

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Sun Dec 23 14:47:42 EST 2007

Hi all,

> To the question, where what it should go, I'd leave the decision to
> Jeremy, but my current idea would be:
>
> arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs -> arch/powerpc/spufs

I'd suggest arch/powerpc/sysdev/spufs to keep arch/powerpc clean.

However, this may also depend on the (intended) structure of SPURSEngine
support, which may mean that fs/spufs might be a better place. It would
suck to have to move things twice, so maybe someone from Tosihba could
provide some input? Would the powerpc spufs code be suitable for
SPURSEngine?

As thers have posted earlier, i gthink that arch/powerpc/sysdev/cell
would be good for the generic cell support, then we could have
arch/powerpc/platforms/{cell,ps3,beat} containing only the individual
platform code.

Cheers,

Jeremy