cpu frequency governor regression (?)

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Dec 12 05:52:45 EST 2007

Hi,

No idea who to bother with this and maybe it's just a
misconfiguration... Apologies if my guesses are totally wrong.

I'm currently on 2.6.24-rc3 (+wireless-2.6#everything) but couldn't find
any patches between that and 2.6.24-rc5 that seemed relevant.

On my quad powermac, I'm seeing the cpufreq governor changed by a
hibernation cycle. My default governor is "userspace", which is driven
by powernowd (because the latency is too high "ondemand" doesn't like my
machine) but after a hibernation cycle I'm having the governor set to
"performance".

I have no idea what code is resetting this and why this would happen,
maybe the fact that the CPUs are taken offline/online again is
responsible? It's well possible that there's a bug in our cpufreq driver
though I thought I fixed the multi-cpu issues it had. Any help would be
appreciated.

johannes