[RFC] New target 'cuImage' - compatibility uImage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 4 06:07:53 EST 2006

In message <a0bc9bf80608030917y7fde2b75n6719dc675cad8cfe at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Though it will need more space, the increase won't be too much as
> wrapper and FDT should be very small.  The benefit is that kernel can
> be extract directly to it's destination(address 0), rather than
> extract to another place and then move it there.  A classical
> time/space tradeoff.

You probably cannot expect a perfect solution when  retrofitting  new
features  into  an  old  system  (this  we should keep in mind: we're
talking about old U-Boot versions only, not  about  current  versions
which will support DT).

BTW: Another option is using U-Boot's multifile image format...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That said, there may be good reasons for what you did beyond obsequi-
ous sycophantic parody. Perhaps you might be so kind as to elucidate.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <5ldjbm$jtk$1 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>