[FYI] linux 2.6 still not working with PReP (ppc32)

Marc Dietrich marvin24 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 6 07:57:25 EST 2005

Hi all,

I didn't recognise that the kernel from Sebastian - which was working fine
here - was build from the debian sources (no hint in the kernel version).
So I build everything again from debian source and fixed the irq's in
prep_pci.c.

I can confirm now, that this debian+irq_fix kernel 2.6.8 runs fine and
produces no scsi timeouts!

Something happend in kernels >= 2.6.9 which makes the scsi unusable. Also it
seems, that even in 2.6.8 kernels and with ide hard disks (Sebastians setup)
the scsi controller timeouts, but continues to operate - correct?

That's all for now (and this year), because I have to leave this nice machine
alone and go home. Thanks to all who helped me - maybe see you next year
again...

Greetings

Marc

Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005 17:55 schrieben Sie: