ADS8260 Hang

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Apr 22 23:54:05 EST 2004

challaharikumar wrote:

> I tried tracking down where the hang could be and ended up
> at the RFI instruction where its waiting to complete the MMU
> initialization. The system executes SYNC instruction and then hangs.
> (arch/ppc/kernel/head.S)

Your tools are fooling you, this isn't the problem.  The mapping of
memory for 82xx works just fine.  There may be something specific to
your board that is incorrect, but this mmu initialization at this
point is not the problem.

Why are you using such an old kernel?  Please update to something
more recent.

	-- Dan