Status of 2.5.X kernels on PPC Linux, anyone working with NPTL?

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Oct 10 12:26:26 EST 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 11:12:36AM -0400, Kevin Hendricks wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone bring me up to date on the buildability and useability of the
> latest 2.5.X kernels on PPC Linux?  How stable and useful are these
> given the recent changes to revert back to 2.4 IDE code and other
> changes?

Depending on the time and day of course, the linuxppc-2.5 tree is
generally left in a buildable state, at least for some target or
another.  IMHO, it is still easiest to NFS root a 2.5 box than to worry
about IDE / SCSI being perfectly sane.  That said, IDE / SCSI have been
rather sane for a while now, so the chances are low of you kicking
yourself for not having done a backup recently..

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/