can/should we use gcc 3.1 to compile kernels

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 8 05:44:56 EST 2002

Hi,

Not too bad warnings-wize excpet for the controlfb.c where it constanly
gave a funny warning about "pasting ->".

It did this for every occurence of the macro CNTRL_REG which I must admit
has two ## which I think gcc was misinterpreting somehow.

Other than that just the occaissioanal wanring about unused variables and
things like that.

I should have saved the build.log

I hate mixing compilers.  I have moved my system to gcc 3.1 from Franz but
I would like to keep gcc 2.95.4 in /usr/local/ or some other place just in
case I ever need it for things like glibc and the kernel.

Thanks,

Kevin