sleep: trackpad settings, screen blanking

benh at kernel.crashing.org benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Nov 22 05:25:24 EST 2001

>IIRC the problem was with asynchronous ADB resetup after sleep; pmud
>doesn't wait for that to finish and restores settings that are
>subsequently cleares by the bus resetup. BenH thought about ways to fix
>this, nothing final yet (that's why it reads 'for now' above :-).

My current kernels will block ADB writes when the bus is still
beeing reset/probed. So pmud should work. However, I had some
reports of pmud just screwing up the trackpad in this case, which
may be related to a bug in an older release of pmud. One problem
is that I think debian did some updates to it, but the maintainer
did't update the official version. Well, I might have just missed
something here as I use to rely on debian's version :)

Ben.