PCI Bus not recognizing cards properly

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 08:49:59 EST 2000

> My only caveat is that the 100 Mbit ethernet card seems to be choking
> on
> the bandwidth.   The Machine is a 7600/132.   Is this too slow to
> properly
> handle 100Mbts?  Transfers of files via netatalk seem to be very
> slow, far
> slower than using the built in PowerMac ethernet.

	All I can think of is the fact that the kernel source configuration
has an option for "cpu too slow for bandwidth".  Maybe you should check
that out.  Do a "make xconfig" and click on its help option.

=====
"Don't expect your own messiah; this neverworld which you desire is
only in your mind." -- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb4.htm#IV5