LinuxPPC X Server

Steffen Haeuser SteffenH at hyperion-software.de
Mon Jul 31 08:46:24 EST 2000

Am 30-Jul-00 schrieb Iain Sandoe:

Hi!

>Don't know - I did a make "World" so I guess that should have built
>everything?

How many fps do you get, if you run the "gears" demo of Mesa3D ? This is
a good test for if 3D HW Acceleration is present... if it is below 100,
then it is software... some other demos which are not in the Mesa3D Archive
for example "fire" (I could send you source code) is even better for the test.
On Software it usually does not even give *one frame*.

>I will mail you off list when I have had time to do a test.

Okay.

>> You told it took 1 day to do... so
>> there were big problems/source code changes to do ? Or what caused this ?

>No problems, no changes, it's just *BIG* :-)

Ah, so this was just plain compile time ? No complications or such ? Sounds
good... maybe I should try it... :)

Steffen