[ANN] DMA sound patches V2[2.217pre10-ben2 & 2.4.0-test4]

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 09:53:45 EST 2000

Hello all,

I have posted a version 2 of the LinuxPPC dmasound back-port from
V2.4.0-test4 to 2.2.17pre10-ben2.

Patches against this and 2.4.0-test4 (to add a bit more info about record
buffers on the AWACS) can be found on:

http://www.drfruitcake.com/linux/linuxppc.html

along with explanations etc.

Basically, there is now a single code-base with KERNEL_VERSION()
conditionals...

There is also a temporary (I expect) patch there that will get sound working
on G3 Minitower & desktops under 2.4.0-test4.  It is not especially
elegant... but it will get you going again.

Thanks to those who have tested so far - particularly Gwyn Judd.
Also thanks to Ben H & Geert for putting up with my dumb questions...

have fun,
Iain.