[ANN] DMA sound patches V2[2.217pre10-ben2 & 2.4.0-test4]

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Fri Jul 14 22:04:06 EST 2000

At 01:53 14.07.00, Iain Sandoe wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have posted a version 2 of the LinuxPPC dmasound back-port from
>V2.4.0-test4 to 2.2.17pre10-ben2.
>
>Patches against this and 2.4.0-test4 (to add a bit more info about record
>buffers on the AWACS) can be found on:
>
>http://www.drfruitcake.com/linux/linuxppc.html
>
>along with explanations etc.
>
>Basically, there is now a single code-base with KERNEL_VERSION()
>conditionals...
>
>There is also a temporary (I expect) patch there that will get sound working
>on G3 Minitower & desktops under 2.4.0-test4.  It is not especially
>elegant... but it will get you going again.
>
>Thanks to those who have tested so far - particularly Gwyn Judd.
>Also thanks to Ben H & Geert for putting up with my dumb questions...

Nice work, thanks. One comment on module loading though, there's an easy
way to configure sound with the help of /etc/conf.modules, put these lines
in there:

alias sound dmasound_awacs
#options dmasound_core <parameters>

Uncommenting the 2nd line enables passing parameters to dmasound_core. With
these settings, sound should be autoprobed on bootup of your machine.

Franz.