XFree 4 & sound problems

Nelson Abramson pogtal at erols.com
Thu Apr 6 02:30:46 EST 2000

Matt Haffner wrote:

> If I just let things go and don't touch anything, it plays fine. The
> freeze requires a reset button reboot--the machine is not reachable at
> all (i.e. it's not just X).

Could you maybe check what parameters you have enabled on your disk via
hdparm?  I have had a few hard freezes, and I think they are related to a
small bug in either multiword dma or irq masking.  If I have those options
enabled, I occasionally get a machine freeze, caused by xmms (once by
slocate via cron)...(that's what the xmon debugger says anyways)

--Nelson Abramson

--
Shouldn't people be arrested and persecuted for engaging in their
constitutional rights?  http://www.opendvd.org