XFree86-3.3.5-1.6.0b

minyard at acm.org minyard at acm.org
Mon Sep 27 06:21:04 EST 1999

It's not working on my Lombard in 24-bit mode.  15-bit mode works
fine.  Specifically, the server says:

   No valid modes found

at startup when 24bpp is specified.  It doesn't say why it is not
valid, it just doesn't work.  Since it works in 15bpp mode, that seems
rather odd.

Also, my font server stopped working.  It would lock the machine up at
startup.  Actually, the machine wasn't locked up, but it wouldn't
finish booting since xfs didn't "daemonize" properly, it seems. I had
to remove it from the rc directories.

Also, starting the screen saver causes the following:

  Fatal server error:
  fbdevUpdateColormap: FBIOPUTCMAP failed (Function not implemented)

That would be nice to have fixed.  This did the same thing for 3.3.3.