ssh2 and multiheaded X

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Wed Sep 22 17:39:45 EST 1999

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Michel Lanners wrote:

> On  21 Sep, this message from Doomsday Machine echoed through cyberspace:
> >
> > Greetings all-
> >     Has anyone successfully compiled ssh2 or gotten some version of
> > multiheaded X working?  ssh1 is pretty useless, since any machine not
> > running linuxppc is running ssh2, not ssh1.
>
> I tried compiling ssh2, but it aborts with errors on va_arg. Something
> with assigment of incompatible types...

There have been many problems with va_args on PPC due to the fact that the
designers of the SYSV varargs interface had to stand out :-(

 Basically you have to use the provided standard macros and _never_ try to
outsmart them because `everybody knows that actually you can simply walk
an array' is utterly wrong on PPC.

And I don't enter the alignment issues which have changed between
versions...

Disclaimer: I've not seen the code, but there have been several varargs
related problems and this was always the answer AFAIR.

	Gabriel.