New booter

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Tue Sep 14 19:18:17 EST 1999

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999, Ethan Benson <erbenson at alaska.net> wrote:

>>What a week, quik got fixed, AND a new booter for OF-deficient machines to
>>free them from needing MacOS just to bootstrap Linux!
>
>quik is not fixed totally, the first stage loader still does not work
>on newworld macs, unless anyone has some suggestions...

I agree this is not perfect, but as I wrote you privately, we can still
use a small HFS partition with the second stage bootstrap beeing directly
loaded by OF. This works now, I tested it last week. Not perfect, but
better than BootX for those machine since the kernel will now be able to
use RTAS ;-)

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:benh at mipsys.com>