New booter

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Tue Sep 14 19:10:53 EST 1999

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999, Andreas Bogk <andreas at andreas.org> wrote:

>> I forgot to mention that the kernel args can be changed by editing the
>> CMDL resource in the System file with resedit. Don't forget the trailing
>> 0, it's a C string !
>
>What's the point of a boot application that works without MacOS when
>yu need MacOS to modify the kernel args?

Hey, wait ! This is just a first prototype ;-)

Hopefully, when finished, all those infos will be in a separate text
file. I also need to make some kind of installer that lays out the small
HFS partition, fills the boot blocks and mark the root directory
"blessed" (in MacOS terminology, that means it contains a valid System file).

--
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:benh at mipsys.com>