New booter

Ethan Benson erbenson at alaska.net
Tue Sep 14 19:28:58 EST 1999

On 14/9/99 Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> >quik is not fixed totally, the first stage loader still does not work
> >on newworld macs, unless anyone has some suggestions...
>
>I agree this is not perfect, but as I wrote you privately, we can still
>use a small HFS partition with the second stage bootstrap beeing directly
>loaded by OF. This works now, I tested it last week. Not perfect, but
>better than BootX for those machine since the kernel will now be able to
>use RTAS ;-)

this would be Ok as a last resort but I do not want to give up on the
first stage loader just yet!

if only apple's OF were opensource... sigh

BTW i tried loading the second stage loader and it runs but all it
does is complain that it cannot open disk 0

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/