A.Joshi: What is the status of Voodoo3 drivers?

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 10:38:09 EST 1999

--- Ani Joshi <ajoshi at shell.unixbox.com> wrote:

> 	unfortunately not :(   we were supposed to recieve
> a voodoo3 from
> MacTell but they went out of business, do you or
> anyone else know of a
> place that sells Mac PCI voodoo3's?  i'd imagine the
> "mac" version is
> different then the pc one, with an of driver
> orsomething...

	I know that a gentlemen on this list is the author of
a small real-mode x86 emulator designed for emulating
x86 BIOS code found on PCI cards, so that they can run
on LinuxPPC.
	I'm not sure if that's applicable to this situation!
It's called "EM86".  Try the following search:

http://lists.linuxppc.org/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_glimpse/linuxppc-dev?query=x86+emu&partial=on&errors=0&maxfiles=50&maxlines=10&.cgifields=lineonly&.cgifields=filelist&.cgifields=case&.cgifields=partial&.cgifields=restricttofiles

=====
"Don't expect your own messiah; this neverworld which you desire is
only in your mind." -- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb4.htm#IV5