Mozilla for PPC

Jason Y. Sproul jsproul at mail.wesleyan.edu
Mon May 3 09:54:55 EST 1999

Tom Vier <nester at erols.com> posted back in March about the need for someone
to hack up a PowerPC linkage function for XPCOM. Netscape's XPCOM will be
essential to Mozilla in the near future, and the functions in question are
only a few dozen lines long. I've been in touch with the module owner about
doing this, but I won't be able to work on it for at least a week or two
(possibly more). I'm also not familiar with LinuxPPC calling conventions
(although I am familiar with other ABIs, and with PPC asm).

Furthermore, it appears that a pre-R5 glibc2 system is necessary to make
Mozilla work at all, and I've yet to set that up. I've got a partition I
can use, but I have to clean it up and download and install pre-R5. And
hopefully R5 will be out soon anyway.

Does someone else want to volunteer for this? Alternatively, could anyone
point me to a good reference on the LinuxPPC ABI? Extra bonus points if you
can make Mozilla work on my R4 system... Thanks!

Jason Y. Sproul                    http://www.con.wesleyan.edu/~jsproul/
jsproul at wesleyan.edu            jsproul at iced.com    http://www.iced.com/