Yesterday vger and ioremap

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Tue Mar 30 20:58:54 EST 1999

Hi !

vger tree from yesterday gives me tons of warnings of the style:
"__ioremap(). Overlap detected and handled for PA xxxxxxx VA xxxxxxxx"
when booting.

Apparently, the kernel works fine, PA seems to always be equal to VA, and
apparently, this concerns all addresses on the Apple asic (mac-io on the
G3), at f30xxxxx.
Since this is mapped with a BAT, I'm wondering if this could be a
conflict between new ioremap changes and BAT mapping ?

(I didn't look at actual source code changes, the problem seems to be
harmless, just those messages in the console).

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>