PB G3 Video (for the developers)

Brian Downing bdowning at wolfram.com
Wed Mar 24 17:43:55 EST 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:06:11 -1000 (HST), Dean Takemori writes:
 > [snip]
 >
 > The rest of the post can be found at:
 > http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-dev/199903/msg00209.html
 >
 > For what it's worth, I hand patched a 2.2.4 kernel with the
 > included patch, and got atyfb to work on my PB G3 series.
 > Finally.  I can actually scroll in nedit in real time now.

Same here.  X is fast now!

Interestingly enough, my video card (which reports the same version
as the post mentioned above) takes a 40 MHz mclk, not a 100 MHz one.
I also had to turn off backing-store in X - otherwise I got strange
graphical glitches (like the twm menu coming up blank until the options
were highlighted with the mouse).

-bcd
--
**               Brian Downing