linux for the MPC823 processor

Oded Ilan oded at congruency.com
Wed Mar 24 11:38:52 EST 1999

Hello,
I am considering using linux for an embedded system based on the motorola
823 ppc-based processor. It closely resembles the 821. I am also new to linux.
My question is - do I need a specific version of linux for this processor,
or do I build a kernel in the same way that is done for the desktop PPC
processors? in addition, will the kernel recognize the different resources
embedded in the 823 processor (IrDA, LCD driver, Ethernet)?

Thanks,

Oded
Oded Ilan
Congruency, Inc.